Let's use PG LOVE role play only to protect kids from cyber abuse.

It began with our family's shock at a NWN game site's rules encouraging covert cybering. After we tried to dicuss this on AmiaWorld forum, DMs not only banned our players but vindictively punished our son, a completely innocent bystander, causing him great mental pain and confusion. Since we can't go there any more, won't YOU please help us make Amia safe for children to play in? (Philosophical discussion is also linked.)

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Flirting on social servers: Roim is not a willing slave.

The following is a short proofread excerpt from this unedited chat log:

 Roim Llefire: Which town do you prefer?
 Asha.: Your hair fits you well, but maybe a new dress is in order.... I mostly go to Almariah, but Eland is nice, too.
 Roim Llefire: Well, I haven't really tried Almariah yet. Yes. I thought I should buy a more suitable robe for fighting and nice dress for around town, too.
 Asha.: Salacious is nice to, but a bit deserted mostly.
 Roim Llefire: Really, I haven't been many places.. or had the funds for much shopping. Salacious? What's there? The name sounds, well, salacious. *Laughs*
 Asha.: *Chuckles softly* Well, it's an independent island that holds slaves and stuff... basically you're free to do whatever you wish there as long as you give no one else troubles. Nice place to bring a boyfriend, or girlfriend, of course, if you're into that.
 Roim Llefire: *Nods* Yes. I remember a shady character in the doorway, perhaps his name was "Tattoo"? Gave me some advice, for a small price, about not getting "locked up" there.
 Asha.: *Nods* But you got nothing to worry about if you're on the island. It's forbidden to take slaves by force there.
 Roim Llefire: Ah, if you take them by force, they're not "slaves" but captives?
 Asha.: Hmm... you can have slaves by force too, but for some reason a lot of people, mostly girls, want to be a slave themselves, so no reason to take them by force.
 Roim Llefire: Hmm... I saw a very strange sight in the courtyard of a temple. There was a collection of handcuffs for being locked up ... Then only freed by another... Well, to me freedom is a precious value, Asha. Not something to throw away by choice. *Nods* Don't you think so?
 Asha.: *Nods* Those are for the slaves, although they aren't much in use. Getting locked up can be exiting, you know, but I never feel the need of doing that in public, rather with someone i like to be with, and then only for a little while... Nobody is going to enslave me, nu-uh.
 Roim Llefire: Well, in my own family I had an aunt who was often chained up and beaten by her husband, so I hate that behavior. Funny thing is both were doctors! *Shakes head* 
 Asha.: *Smiles* It should be on your own choice, of course, but maybe if you try it someday, you will like it as well... Can't tell for sure until you try, no?
 Roim Llefire: *Smiles* Some feelings we have from our early childhood, isn't it? My father used to tie me up sometimes as a punishment, so that left a mark on me, too.
 Asha.: And well, I, too, don't like being beaten up. I'm more of the tickling type. *laughs*
 Roim Llefire: I'll tell you another strange story, too, Asha, if you have a moment...
 Asha.: Sure.
 Roim Llefire: *Laughs with Asha.*
 Asha.: *Looks around* Or we could sit a bit more comfortable in town.
 Roim Llefire: My own lover sometimes asks me to tie him up, but I always refuse because of the personal history I just told you about. *Grins* Sorry, for him, but some things I just won't do even to please my lover.
 Asha.: Well, you don't know what you're missing, but it's your own decision on how far you want to go, I'd say.

Perhaps next time Roim will return as more docile girl, "Honey Brewer," or a dominant guy, "Randy Tailor" and play those roles... Whatever do you think might happen then, dear readers?




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MaximumAwesome.com




Google